Sync your Workamajig and Emma accounts to track certain mailing actions in Workamajig. This works for standalone Emma accounts and agency sub-accounts.
- First, you'll need to authenticate your account using a set of credentials known as an API key. You can generate that key in your account by clicking the tools icon at the top-right and selecting Settings & billing. You'll see a tab for API key. Click "Generate key" to receive a public API key, private API key and account ID. If you have an agency account, go to Menu, choose Accounts, click the downward-pointing arrow to the right of the sub-account whose keys you want and select to jump into that account's settings. Scroll down to the API key section.
Copy the account ID and paste it into System ID in Workamajig. Then enter your Emma username and password.
Once you've set this up, your Workamajig Marketing Groups are synced into Emma as audience groups. (Make sure your contacts have valid email addresses.) To sync from Emma to Workamajig, choose the actions to be synced, which creates activities in Workamajig and assigns them to the contacts' account manager.
What do I populate into Workamajig?
- System: Select Emma - New.
- System ID: Enter the account ID found following the above steps.
- User ID: The username you use to log into your Emma account.
- Password: The password you use to log into your Emma account.
- Last Sync: Shows the date of the last sync.
- Auto Sync: A nightly process that, when turned on, will automatically update Workamajig with the mailings set up in Emma.
Which actions in Emma track in Workamajig?
- Sync Member: This will only sync contacts to the marketing groups.
- Add Activity for opens: This will add an activity in the contact record when the email is opened.
- Add activity for click: This will add an activity in the contact record when a link in the email is clicked.
- Add activity for BB/Opt Out: This will add an activity in the contact record when the email bounces because of an invalid email address or the email recipient unsubscribes.
- Deactivate BB/Opt Out: This will change the status of the contact to inactive if their email address is invalid or they unsubscribe.
- Delete BB/Opt Out: This will delete the contact if their email address is invalid or they unsubscribe.
- Remove BB/Opt Out from Mailing Group: This will remove the contact from the mailing group if their email address is invalid or they unsubscribe.
Should I refresh or sync?
We recommend that you use the Auto Sync feature, which will happen during a low server use time. The manual sync process should only be used for small marketing efforts because the process may be interrupted.
Why isn't this contact syncing to Emma?
Here are some things to check:
- Does the contact in Workamajig have an email address?
- Is Do Not Email checked?
- Was the contact deleted from the list in Emma? If so, here's how to undelete it.
- Did the contact opt out from your mailings in Emma? Follow these steps to get them opted back in. Unchecking this in Workamajig won't make the contact sync.