Have you thought about using ads and sponsorships in your mailings to help offset your marketing costs? You should -- It's a fantastic idea. You can cover the cost of your email, or you can even generate a little profit that can be used to send more emails, or to fund your next beach vacation (it’ll be our secret). Here are five tips:
- Keep it simple. Create a layout with image placeholders for ads and logos.
- Settle on what your ad specs will be. How many will you include? What about their size and location? Just do a little planning from the get-go so you're prepared to pitch to ad partners.
- Not sure what to promote? Go ahead and include a call for sponsors in your next email, and see what happens.
- When placing an ad in your email, be sure to link both an image and some text to the sponsor's website. Our link-tracking will help you show your sponsor the return on their investment.
- Consider offering sponsorship packages at a discount. It will cut down on the administrative work and ensure long-term buy-in.